STEPS ON COURSE SELECTION:
Step 1: Students should discuss with their parents, teachers, and counselors on what they should take and look over them
- HPS High School Handbook
- HSI-Sugar Land Course Catalog 2021-2022
- Graduation Toolkit, and
- HSI-Sugar Land 4-Year Personal Graduation Plan Overview
NOTE: Any course taken outside of Harmony system without HSI-Sugar Land College & Career Counseling Team approval will not receive points towards GPA calculation. Students are required to consult with counselors before enrolling any course outside of HSI-Sugar Land. HSI-Sugar Land will not award high school credit for courses taken without campus approval. Please check the course list below:
Step 2: Set up a course selection meeting with your assign counselor through links below:
- 8th Grade Course Selection Meeting with a Counselor on Saturday, January 23, 2021 – Friday, February 5, 2021
- High School Course Selection Meeting with a Counselor on Tuesday, January 19, 2021 – Friday, January 22, 2021 & Tuesday, February 9, 2021 – Thursday, March 11, 2021
Please click here to check our updated Alpha Split (By Last Names) Plan
Step 3: During the Meeting;
- Select your courses and Do NOT forget to sign and copy of the following documents below for your records
- Personal Graduation Plan (PGP for Newcomers & 8th Grade Students) (Must be signed by a student, a parent/guardian, and a counselor)
- Course Selection Form-Finalized (Must be signed by a student, a parent/guardian, and a counselor)
- Automatic Admission Form (Must be signed by a student, a parent/guardian, and a counselor)
Step 4: Appeal Honors/AP/Dual Credit Courses if needed by Thursday, March 11, 2021 at 4:00 pm.
- If you need to appeal any AP/Dual Credit/Honors/Lab course (s), please talk to your counselor and fill out the “AP/Dual Credit/Honors/Lab Course (s) Appeal Form” by Thursday, March 11, 2021 at 4:00 pm.
- No submissions will be accepted after the deadline.
Step 5: Submit Your Schedule Change Requests by Wednesday, April 28, 2021 at 4:00 pm.
- Schedule Change Requests will be through “Schedule & Course Change Online Request Form”. Please submit your requests by Wednesday, April 28, 2021 at 4:00 pm. No submissions will be accepted after the deadline.
- Once the master schedule has been built, all AP students are committed to completing the entire year of the AP courses. No schedule change requests for AP courses will be honored for the Spring semester.
Step 6: Contact your assigned counselor if you ever need help.