Updates & Changes for Course Selection 2020-2021
Theatre I, Theatre Arts I (1.0 Credit) is opened and added into the course studies recently for all students.
Digital Media and Graphic Design and Illustration I/Lab is opened and added into the course studies recently for all students.
Career & Technical Education (CTE) Pathways
PLTW Computer Integration Manufacturing course will NOT be offered for next year.
PLTW Aerospace Engineering and PLTW Eng. Design and Development will be offered for next year for students who are in 11th-12th grade.
Computer Science II is opened as a 4th pathway course and added into Skyward.
L.O.T.E. Graduation Requirement
Students will fulfill the graduation requirement with two high school LOTE or Computer science (CS I, CS II, CSP and CSA) credits including LOTE credit taken in 8th grade.
Algebra I Honors, Geometry/Geometry Honors and English I Honors will remain 5 hours as usual.
English I-II, English II Honors, Algebra I-II, Algebra II Honors will be offered 10 hours for 9th-10th AND 5 hours for 11th-12th.
Statistics-D and Chemistry Honors/D are closed.
Algebra II-D (College Algebra) will no longer be offered in 9th grade. It will be offered in Pre-Calculus-D (1st Semester).
All JUNIORS will be placed in Path I CC SAT course. Path I CC TSI is closed for next year. (Campus decision)
Seniors will have 4 options
- Speech-D-Waiting for the confirmation from HCC,
- Study Hall Spring, Texas Government-Waiting for the confirmation from HCC,
- Personal Financial Literacy, and
- Study Hall Spring (Even students are NOT eligible to take it, due to the scheduling purposes permission is granted by the campus admin for these students to take)
to take after college counseling for the spring semester.
NOTE: Students do NOT have to take dual classes if they are not willing to. Instead, they are allowed to take study hall spring class in the spring semester next year.
Study Hall Yearlong class will be created in the 3rd period and Path II CC course will be created in the 4th period then these students will be able to take Speech-D, Texas Government or Personal Financial Literacy classes.
Study Hall Placement Policy
- Students who are enrolled in 5 courses (Including Dual Credit and AP Courses) will be granted ONLY 1 Study Hall Class;
- Students who are enrolled in at least 6 or more courses (Including Dual Credit and AP Courses) will be granted ONLY 2 Study Hall Class
|Course Name||Grade Level|
|Algebra II||Created for ONLY 9th-10th graders|
|Algebra II 11th-12th||Created for ONLY 11th-12th graders|
|Algebra II Honors||Created for ONLY 9th-10th graders|
|Algebra II Honors 11th-12th||Created for ONLY 11th-12th graders|
- Any course (s) taken outside of HSI-Sugar Land without assigned counselor approval don’t receive points towards GPA calculation. Students are expected to consult with their assigned counselor at HSI-Sugar Land before enrolling any course outside of the school. Students will NOT be awarded high school credit for courses taken without campus approval.
- Public Speaking, Psychology and Texas Government are the ONLY courses for incoming 10th-12th graders can be taken from outside of HSI-Sugar Land with counselor approval. Students are NOT allowed to take any other original credit (recovery credits not included*) course from outside of HSI-Sugar Land.
- Dual credit courses including Psychology are NOT available to incoming 9th graders.
*Students who are at risk of graduation on time are considered separated
- For 9th,10th,11th graders: Only honors/ Dual/ AP level students can take online course which is 2 Day attendance required elective. 1 Course MAX online. Seniors can take up to 2 based on their graduation requirements( Regular seniors students can also take if they need it for graduation)
- No matter what, 9th grade students can only have 6-7 credits. We stick with the original plan whatever they sign up for during meeting. Advance students can take ONLY one online (Self-Paced) if it conflicts with their schedule.
- No matter what, 10th grade students can only have 6-7 credits. We stick with the original plan whatever they sign up for during meeting. Advance students can take ONLY one online (Self-Paced) if it conflicts with their schedule.
- No matter what, 11th grade students can only have 7-8 credits. We stick with the original plan whatever they sign up for during meeting. Advance students can take ONLY one online (Self-Paced) if it conflicts with their schedule.
- Asynchronous option (Self-Paced) is NOT available for AP/Dual credit courses for remote students due to the testing and heavy workload. In case, they miss live sessions for valid reasons they should be able to complete the work on their own and return daily assignments and exit ticket . They are expected to return the assignments by 11:59 PM on the same day.