Lone Star College
How to Apply
These guides are created for our dual credit students to use for their course applications. ApplyTexas will be used for any students seeking admission for Spring 2022. However, for Summer 2022 onward, GoApplyTexas will be used. To apply for a dual credit class, students will need to meet the necessary dual credit placement scores (DC Placement Scores – Original TSI, DC Placement Chart-New) and will need to create an GoApplyTexas account (GoApplyTexas DC Guide) Then submit the following to the campus admissions office prior to or when registering:
- Get approval from the high school counselor
- Meet all course prerequisites and minimum college readiness test scores in reading, writing, and/or math for enrolled courses
- Go to the GoApplyTexas Website and use the (GoApplyTexas DC Guide) to complete the application.
- Upon receipt of your LSC Student ID # via emails, and submit the following forms through the LSC Dual Credit Registration Form for courses you will be taking next year by the deadline Friday, May 11th, 2022 at 4:00 pm. (The registration form submitted without a Lone Star College STUDENT ID # will NOT be accepted.)
- Fillable Lone Star College EA Course Approval & Consent Form (For all)
- LoneStar College Fillable DC Registration Packet (Only for New DC Students)
- College Ready TSI Test Scores (Depends on Courses – Please check the Course Matrix for College Core Curriculum Completion for more details)
- Upon submission of the Enrollment Form, your counselor will review your course requests for approval
- If approved, a waiver will be applied to cover tuition costs.
- All dual credit course requests MUST be entered in Skyward by Wednesday, March 07, 2022 at 4:00 pm.
- Please use this course list to fill out your application form. (Sample Application Form)
- Please do NOT send any documents via emails. The requests that are sent by emails or handed to any school staff will NOT be considered. We will ONLY ACCEPT online submissions via Online Registration Form.
- Any application form without parent/guardian and counselor signature will NOT be considered. Please make sure you have them before submission.
- Please make sure you submit only 1 enrollment form for all of your courses you will be taking next year.
- No submissions will be accepted AFTER the deadline (Friday, March 11th, 2022). It is the students’/ parents/guardians` responsibility to ensure that all required information is provided and the request forms are submitted by the deadline.
How to Drop a Course
Please submit the Lone Star Dual Credit Add Drop Form through the LoneStar College Online Drop/Withdrawal Request Form.