Lone Star College
How to Apply
To apply for a dual credit class, students will need to meet the necessary dual credit placement scores and then submit the following to the campus admissions office prior to or when registering:
- Get approval from the high school counselor
- Meet all course prerequisites and minimum college readiness test scores in reading, writing, and/or math for enrolled courses
- Go to the ApplyTexas Website and use the LSC ApplyTexas Application Guide to complete the application.
- Upon receipt of your LSC Student ID # via emails, and submit the following forms through the LSC Dual Credit Registration Form for courses you will be taking next year. (The registration form submitted without a Lone Star College STUDENT ID # will NOT be accepted.)
- LoneStar College Fillable EA Course Approval Form(For all)
- LoneStar College Fillable DC Registration Packet (Only for New DC Students)
- An Online Expectations Form (Only for New DC Online Students)
- College Ready TSI Test Scores (Depends on Courses – Please check the Course Matrix for College Core Curriculum Completion for more details)
- Immunization Records (Only On LSC Campus Students)
- Satisfy Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination Requirement (if taking classes on Lone Star Campus) Students attending classes on the Lone Star College campus are required to provide documentation regarding their bacterial meningitis vaccination. The State of Texas requires that students attending classes at a public college or university must have a current bacterial meningitis vaccination (not older than 5 years). Lone Star College partners with Magnus Health to submit documentation of bacterial meningitis records for approval. There are also procedures in place for those students who have a medical reason that prevents them from obtaining the vaccination or a conscientious objection to obtaining the vaccination.
- Upon submission of the Enrollment Form, your counselor will review your course requests for approval
- If approved, a waiver will be applied to cover tuition costs.
- Please use this course list to fill out your application form. (Sample Application Form)
- Please do NOT send any documents via emails. The requests that are sent by emails or handed to any school staff will NOT be considered. We will ONLY ACCEPT online submissions via Online Registration Form.
- Any application form without parent/guardian and counselor signature will NOT be considered. Please make sure you have them before submission.
- Please make sure you submit only 1 enrollment form for all of your courses you will be taking next year.
- No submissions will be accepted AFTER the deadline (May 07th, 2021). It is the students’/ parents/guardians` responsibility to ensure that all required information is provided and the request forms are submitted by the deadline.
How to Drop a Course
Please submit the Lone Star Dual Credit Add Drop Form through the LoneStar College Online Drop/Withdrawal Request Form
Below are some important documents and forms for Lone Star:
- Loan Star College DC Classes & Prerequisites
- Lone Star College Fillable EA Course Approval Form
- Lone Star College Fillable DC Drop Add Form
- Lone Star College Dual Credit Application Guide
- Lone Star College DC Exceptional Admission Form 9.22.17
- Lone Star College Fillable DC Parental Consent Form
- Lone Star College Fillable DC Reinstatement
- Lone Star College Fillable DC General Online Agreement